Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Update!

We had a good yet very busy weekend. I was hoping to get a little bit of resting in but that was not to be. Here are the top 5 things we did this weekend.



1. Friday afternoon we had AB over to play. It was really nice outside, so we took everyone out to play. They biked, scooted, drew on the sidewalk, blew bubbles, and had all sorts of good fun!


2. Saturday morning, I took Princess and Prince to Basketball evaluations. They played basketball last year and really had a good time. I decided not to put them in a sport for the first part of the year because I wanted to see how they were doing at school first. I had heard that 2nd grade was a big transition year, and with the Prince starting school for the first time, I wanted to give them both plenty of time to adjust. Since they are both handling things really well, they get to play basketball!


3. AB and his family invited Princess to go see a live nativity scene on Saturday night. She went and had a blast! AB's mom said that she took some pictures, and I cannot wait to see them!

4. Sunday - we cleaned all day. We cleared out our two front rooms. There is nary a toy in sight in either room now. We moved all the toys up to the kids' rooms except for the truckload we took to Goodwill. Yes, I said truckload - but to be fair, there were things other than toys we donated. It felt so good to purge like that. We went through toys a while back and the kids were really good at deciding what they wanted to keep and what they wanted to give away. I really stressed to them that some kids would really love to have the toys they rarely play with.

5. Sunday night I watched the season finale of Survivor - guilt free since we had worked ALL DAY LONG! I won't give away the ending, but I was really happy with it except I thought the one who was in third place should have gotten 2nd.

3 comments:

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

That does sound like a very productive weekend... and very inspiring to get myself in motion for the holidays!

I actually did accomplish many things this weekend, including taking my mom shopping. She loves getting out, but doesn't drive anymore (this is a sore topic because I am the one who made the final decision to take her car... with her physician's blessing). I took her to see Audrey's boys with Santa (she LOVED this) and then off to Target. She browsed and had the best time!

Now, today... on with organization!

Maude Lynn said...

I totally agree with you on the Survivor finale!

Kristi said...

Sounds like a pretty relaxed weekend for two weeks before Christmas. Good job.

Workout Countdown!

Countdown to the Prince"s Birthday!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Countdown to the Princess"s Birthday!

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Countdown to the Knight"s Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker