Monday, July 9, 2007

Oops! I missed the boat! (100th Post)

Apparently when you have posted 100 messages on your blog, you are supposed to also share 100 things about yourself. No one gave me the memo! So, here it goes, better late than never, post 181:

  1. I am a stay at home mom.
  2. I have an almost 6 year old daughter.
  3. I have a have a 4 year old son.
  4. I have a 2 ½ year old son.
  5. Having kids 19 months apart is really, really hard on a person!
  6. My kids from oldest to youngest are 3 ½ years apart.
  7. I love that my kids are close in age.
  8. I am not sure if I am “done” having kids.
  9. My husband is sure we are “done” having kids.
  10. My daughter was 2 weeks early.
  11. My middle son was 1 week late.
  12. My youngest son was 3 weeks early.
  13. I had high blood pressure with my daughter and my youngest son but not with my middle son.
  14. My middle son weighed in at 9 pounds and 13 ounces!
  15. When he was born, my OB exclaimed, “You just lost 10 pounds”.
  16. I had only gained 15 so yippee!
  17. While they were weighing him, my middles son peed all over the nurse and my mother.
  18. My daughter weighed in at 7 pounds and 5 ounces.
  19. My youngest son weighed in at 6 pounds 13 ounces.
  20. That was exactly 3 pounds less than his big brother.
  21. My youngest son spit up continuously during the first year of his life.
  22. I am not as anal about our carpeting as I was before he was born.
  23. In my life before Motherhood, I was a computer programmer.
  24. I can program anything using COBOL…
  25. …with one hand tied behind my back.
  26. I can also code in Assembler, Java, and SQL.
  27. Sometimes I miss work, but…
  28. …I will never regret quitting my job to raise my kids.
  29. I do miss the paycheck occasionally!
  30. I definitely miss “adult conversation”!
  31. I have never missed one of my three kids’ "firsts"!
  32. I am about 1000 miles away from where I was born.
  33. That means all of my family and closest friends are 1000 miles away from me.
  34. We moved down here when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter (first child).
  35. Our parents were really, really mad at us for a while.
  36. They got over it.
  37. We have lots of visitors!
  38. We drive 1000 miles two times per year in Otis the Van to see our families.
  39. I named our van Otis.
  40. I have one sister.
  41. She is 2 years older than me.
  42. We lived together for over three years after college.
  43. One of us almost didn’t survive.
  44. I won’t tell you which one.
  45. I have one nephew.
  46. I have two nieces.
  47. I love and miss them all dearly.
  48. I love the internet so I can see my nephew and nieces grow up!
  49. I love the internet so my family and friends can see my kids grow up!
  50. Blogging is way cooler than I ever thought it would be.
  51. I am 74% addicted to blogging.
  52. Apparently, I have an addictive personality.
  53. I picked a great man to be the father of my children.
  54. He is a computer programmer too.
  55. He is really good at what he does.
  56. We moved 1000 miles away from home for his job.
  57. He loves his job.
  58. He’d better love his job!
  59. I have been married for 7 years to this man.
  60. We have not started itching yet.
  61. He is the love of my life.
  62. He is an awesome father.
  63. I like to sing.
  64. I was a soloist at my sister’s wedding…
  65. …and my cousin’s wedding…
  66. …and lots of friends' weddings.
  67. I retired after having kids.
  68. My husband needs my help with the kids whenever we attend a wedding.
  69. It has been 2 ½ years since I have been pregnant.
  70. That is my longest amount of non-pregnancy time since before we were married.
  71. I got pregnant 6 months after we were married.
  72. We have been very blessed with the ease with which we were able to conceive.
  73. I am re-living my girlhood through my daughter.
  74. She is a know-it-all just like me!
  75. I have become bossier since having kids.
  76. I would make a really good manager now.
  77. I am learning a lot about men by watching my two little boys.
  78. Boys love anything with a motor and/or wheels…from the day that they are born!
  79. My parents live 1000 miles away from me.
  80. My grandfather passed away at the end of February this year.
  81. We were able to attend his funeral but we missed his 90th birthday party – I still feel really rotten about that.
  82. The last time I saw him, he told me that I was a great mother.
  83. I will cherish that forever.
  84. We were in town for the biggest blizzard in 15 years the weekend of my grandfather’s funeral.
  85. My kids got to play in snow…a LOT of snow!
  86. Since we were all snowed in, my kids got to meet their 2nd cousins.
  87. I was thrilled to get to spend some time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins!
  88. Being a stay at home mom is a lot different from what I expected.
  89. Being a stay at home mom is very isolating…
  90. …especially when you move 1000 miles away when you are 5 months pregnant.
  91. I have been whining about that for 6 ½ years!
  92. I met lots of new friends through MOPS (Mother’s Of Pre-Schoolers)
  93. I have managed to keep many of my “old” friends after we moved.
  94. I cannot get the song “Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other’s gold” out of my head now.
  95. I learned that song in girl scouts.
  96. My daughter started girl scouts this spring!
  97. I like to write.
  98. I like to read.
  99. I like to write and read blogs!
  100. I could spend hours doing this every day given the chance.

5 comments:

Snoopyfan said...

You gave me a smile tonight D! :) Miss you tons girlfirend!!

MomOf4 said...

I miss you tons too, girl! :)

Shana said...

What a great 100 list. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be so far away from family and friends. We are thinking about moving 3 hours away and it seems devastating to be that far away from my family.

I have a 100 list too... you can find it on my side bar.

Shana said...

Ok, go to your "Dashboard" and click on "layout" and then "add a page element" and then "link list". Hope this helps.

Sandee said...

I can see why you would think this was fun to write. :)

Workout Countdown!

Countdown to the Prince"s Birthday!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Countdown to the Princess"s Birthday!

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Countdown to the Knight"s Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker