
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Have you ever heard of Movember?
I hadn't until this year when DadOf3 participated. Some guys got together at his workplace and grew beards/mustaches for charity. It is an organized effort to raise money for the fight against prostate cancer. A lot of the guys went out and solicited donations for the hair growing efforts. DadOf3 lucked out this year. Each participant paid some money to join in on the fun. DadOf3 won two different drawings! He donated all of his winnings back to the cause. The night before judging, DadOf3 had to cut back his beard to some sort of mustache. He liked the beard and he was sad to cut it.
*
If you are a guy, don't neglect to get your PSA numbers checked at your annual doctor appointment! And if you don't get an annual check-up - this is a great time to start!
*
Here is a picture of the full beard look. I think he looks very much like a professor!























19 comments:
Hey - where'd the red come from?? :) My husband is jealous at the lack of white :)
Hey that's cool - what a neat idea and what a good sport he is for doing it!
my hubs did that a couple of years back - so fun huh? i should dig out the pic
Like the mutton chops! I think that is a great cause, and a lot of fun too.
Congratulations to your husband!
Cute! Cool reason to grow a beard!
My hubby would for no reason at all! :)
Excellent cause. I like the new look. It's very artsy!
Very cool...what a great idea!! (I wonder if I could ge my hubby to shave for charity???)
He's a red head!!
Great to see a husband as the blog feature for a change. He sounds like a great sport. : ) Great charity idea.
What a fun way to raise money! I like the look!
Happy Holidays!
I'm glad mine isn't the only husband who likes to play while shaving off his winter growth! It's great when you can have fun and support a good cause all at the same time.
I wish my husband could grow his facial hair out! grr.. work. I bet he'd have fun like this too.
Visiting from PhotoStory Friday!
What a cool idea...there is so much more fun to be had with this beard!!! What a great way to entertain and build awareness!
Love the workout thing at the top of your blog...might have to try it. Maybe public monitoring will shame me!
thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!
That's a very cool way to raise money for a great cause!
I like the beard, too!
Cool fund raising effort!
That's was a good cause!
What a great idea.
That is for a noble cause. Well done!
I was not aware of such a movement.
Cool shots and I'd never heard of that, what a fun way to raise $ and awareness.
Post a Comment